Entrepreneur In Residence
Velocities’ EIR Cy Megnin grew up in Bloomington, Indiana and has been an entrepreneur, founder and advisor for the past two decades. Companies he has founded include Intel Capital portfolio company PrepFlash and CloudCoreo which garnered investment from Microsoft and ultimately sold to VMware.
Cy is a full-time mentor to entrepreneurs across the region served by Velocities, with offices at both The Mill and the Columbus Chamber. He helps entrepreneurs build their companies, figure out marketing, how to sell, how to interact with customers, and more.
The Mill is home to hundreds of members and dozens of companies. Its diverse members include innovators creating startups and small businesses as well as independent freelancers, creatives, and remote workers. The Mill offers coworking amenities, great community, specialized entrepreneurial support for accelerating startups and more.
- Coming soon: Propeller Makerspace at the Columbus AirPark.
- The Velocities staff is committed to supporting entrepreneurs throughout their entire entrepreneurial journey. We offer advising on pitch decks, pitches, business plans, product-market fit and more. You can contact a Velocities staff member today to set up an appointment or drop by our EIR offices hours for an easy and quick 15 minute session:
- Columbus: 11am-12pm every Tuesday at the Columbus Chamber of Commerce
- Bloomington: 11am-12pm every Monday at the Dimension Mill
Access to Capital
Velocities provides entrepreneurs with access to several sources of capital in our region. Read more about them here.
- Elevate Ventures Funding
- Velocities Community Ideation Fund
- The Indiana Technical Assistance Program
- IU Ventures
- Flywheel Fund
Members of The Mill and the Velocities network receive concierge service and exclusive discounted rates from Startup Studio. The Studio is a team of experienced Bloomington and Columbus designers who help startups acquire and engage customers and investors through thoughtful design and branding. Startup Studio understands the specific needs of startups & creates powerful tools.